Friday, May 16, 2014

Daniel

honest first impression:

"what in the world is he wearing?"



Daniel had his own distinct style.

orange chucks, shoelaces as bracelets, a bandana incorporated somewhere or another, nails painted black, pattern on pattern layers, bright colors, hand-created witty tshirts.

Daniel's style reflected his personality better than anyone I know.

all over the place. chaotic. bright. random. hilarious. never a dull moment.

he always was a larger than life, one-of-a-kind character.

and he had the gift only bestowed on a few - the ability to spread the healing medicine of laughter everywhere he went.

I don't think there's a single person who was ever in his life who he didn't put in stitches at one point or another.

we all have "Daniel" stories that all start with, "this one time..." 
and if we got together, they would take days to tell, gasping for air in between our belly laughs.

and a few knew his other side. his very poignant, creative, reflective, deeply intelligent side that desired for something greater. he was a poet, a writer, a lyricist, an artist. he was brilliant.

Daniel... I wish I had invested more time in our relationship. I wish I had listened to those nagging gut feelings that told me to get in touch with you.

and I know that you've gone onto that 'something greater' that you always desired but had a hard time making palpable.

I know you're digging in to that great feast we all look forward to, so enjoying the never-ending shin-dig in our Father's house. 

and I know that you've got them laughing.

- - - - - - - - - - -


- - - - - - - - - - -

My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action. //1John3:18

"Time is your most precious gift because you only have a set amount of it. You can make more money, but you can't make more time. When you give someone your time, you are giving them a portion of your life that you'll never get back. Your time is your life. That is why the greatest gift you can give someone is your time.
It is not enough to just say relationships are important; we must prove it by investing time in them. Words alone are worthless. "My children, our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action." Relationships take time and effort, and the best way to spell love is T-I-M-E." - Rick Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment