Saturday, July 12, 2014

Small updates

Made some small updates on the July 4th weekend. Long overdue, and so fitting! We love it all!!

Made the two canvases of art. Took a lot longer than I had hoped. The "carry me back to Old Virginia" piece was detailed lettering. I actually used puffy paint to do them! It's so much easier to do cursive with puffy paint!

The "love one another" piece - I custom ordered chipboard letters from an etsy shop that specialized in it, painted them individually, and modge-podged them down. I had to hold each of them down on the canvas for 5+ minutes so they wouldn't curl.

The shelf we go at Bed Bath and Beyond on clearance for $5 (display model that had damage), and frame we got on clearance at Target for $5ish. The frame contains the infamous Omari liberation picture.

Pillow we got on clearance at Target for $5ish, curtains I got on Craigslist for $15 (originally $45!). Door knocker-viewer we got on Amazon for $8 I believe?

Yeah. If you can't tell... we love bargains.

No comments:

Post a Comment