Sunday, March 27, 2016

rest

I'm undone and overcome with lots of emotions tonight.

Maybe it's because it's the six month anniversary of working at my first real full time job at an ad agency and I'm pretty worn down after a stressful week.

Maybe because it's first easter without grandma, and she loved easter.

Or maybe it's from hearing stories from other people on their current life struggles.

We are all so weary.

I for one am weary of constant overload.

I am weary of seeing so many friends and family work their bones dry and still not be able to afford a place to live or decent healthcare.

I am weary of seeing and knowing first hand how our veterans are treated... or not treated in many cases.

I am weary of poor driving.

I am weary of the hatred I see and sense in so many, and in my own heart at times.

I am weary of the chaos and confusion. it seems so much more difficult to cut through the crap these days.

I am honestly weary of the spiritual battle raging in me and around me.

I am weary of being frustrated with "the church" and have had a hard time seeing why in the world He loves us.

but as I cried out to Jesus in the shower tonight about all these things, He said -

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” - Matthew 11:28-30

no matter how weary I am...

coming back to knowing He gives me rest...

and no one can take that from me...

that is good news.

I can learn from Him, I can take hold of that easy yoke and light burden at any time.

anyone who tells me differently is just selling something.

this I am thankful for on this early easter morn.

No comments:

Post a Comment