Wednesday, April 19, 2017

20 weeks

You guys, Serena Williams announced today that she is 20 weeks pregnant. I always knew we were so same - successful, super ba chicks.

Today I'm 19 weeks, 6 days, tomorrow being 20 weeks. Or so they think.

Had the second (and hopefully final, as no more are necessary unless something is wrong) ultrasound today for 20 weeks. That day I was 19 weeks, 6 days and baby was measuring at 20 weeks, 5 days. Supposed to be around 10.5 ounces, but that day was 14 ounces. So either a whopper or joining us earlier than we expect. I'm hoping for the latter.

This baby is so much bigger than last ultrasound. It made it much more real to see it's little hands and little feet more distinctly. To see he or she opening their little mouth (even tho they kinda looked like a dementor when they did, which is kinda appropriate​ since they're literally sucking life from me) and moving their hands away and toward their face. Seeing them in 3D, seeing the chambers of the heart working. Hearing the tech take measurements of the brain and saying this is a smart baby.

I have not felt definite movement yet, I'll think something is movement but then I'm unsure. The tech and the midwife said this baby moves a lot, so when I do feel it, "I'm in for it" ...whatever that means. I'm just going to hope and pray this child won't affect my sleep too much, that we will hopefully synch up with our sleep.

It was a lot of feelings today. I'm very glad Jason was able to be there last minute, to see our baby one last time before we meet them in person.

Now I wanna see this baby every appointment though. Shame you have to pay for that ;)

Look at these creepy pics of the adorable alien dementor baby



Dementor baby

No comments:

Post a Comment